Wednesday, April 22, 2015

And Mike Thomas As the "Young Girl"!




The setting: A drab office outside a tiny recording studio, some time in the late '60's or early '70's:

Charlie: So, uh, we got this thing here called "Lonely Girl's Prayer". Who are we gonna get to sing it? We don't have any girls to sing it.

Bill: Right now, we don't have anyone but Mike Thomas to sing anything!

Charlie: Well, Mike sort of sounds like a girl when he sings... sometimes. I guess that'll be okay. But whose name do we put on the label?

Bill: Mike Thomas. Duh. Really...who is going to care? The writer? She'll just be happy to get a little piece of plastic with her song on it.

(...Later...)
  
Charlie: Ya know, this lyric is full of concerns and worries, and the whole thing is sort of a prayer for the country. Are you sure this bouncy backing Joey wrote for it fits?

Bill: Who is going to care? The writer? She'll just be happy to get a little piece of plastic with her song on it.
  
Bill: Oh, okay, I'll tell Joey and the band to add a drum and bass player add an intro that quotes from some patriotic tune.

(...Later...)
  
Charlie: Um, this thing's tune is all over the place - I don't know how Mike does it sometimes - I wouldn't pay for this. And the damn thing is barely 100 seconds long.

Bill: Charlie, maybe you're in the wrong business. All the writer is going to care about is getting a little piece of plastic with her song on it. But if you want, I'll have them write that the song is over three minutes long.
  
Bill: Hey, does "Girls" have an apostrophe or not?

Play:  


Regarding the flip side, I am not familiar enough with the book of Corinthians to know what the hell Mike Thomas and his writer are going on about in this otherwise rather bland offering. If anyone cares to enlighten the rest of us, please do.

Play:  



6 comments:

Timmy said...

THIS first song here, should ought to give "annonymous" a new outlook on the listening pleasures of life...
For me, it's a number one hit, destined to become a hall of fame song, Somewhere Over The Rainbows in The Twilight Zone of The Outer Limits of The Windmills Of My Mind.

Timmy said...

Having just hearded the second song here, i now know what was bothering me all my life; this song explains al ot for me, not withstanding reasojn, depth, or yearning. I can now lay my weary burdons down the road of asphalt, not fault. Thank you for being my "Cries in the wilderness" of existence, Wonder4ull & Obscura.
It does have a catchy rhythm, similar to "Venus" by The Shoking Blue.

Kenny said...

Ugh! Divshare's not working for me, at least on Chrome on a Mac. But I think divshare is just bogged down at the moment. When I try to play from the url http://www.divshare.com/download/26923750-769
it tells me 500 Server Error.

Kenny said...

Ok Divshare works now, and ... WTF is this? "Trying to do their best for their CUUUUUUNNNNNTTTRRRY!" You need to send this to Irwin Chusid immediately!

Mellow said...

I have another record my Mike Thomas, also on the TPA label from Sarasota, Florida. It featured the garage rock song "From Las Vegas to California" and the more country oriented "Songs I Remember." It's much better record than this. Sure would like to know who this Mike Thomas is!

Anonymous said...

It's not Anonymous that you've got the problem with, it's BobB, that's the one who....well, I'll be polite about it.....anyway, he doesn't post anonymously, all his posts say BobB.