Sunday, July 24, 2011

Not Halmark... Hallmark!

Usually, the records from this company came out as being on the "Halmark" label, and more often then not, they did not credit the vocalist(s). Today's example of the crusty sounds put out by this company does feature the name of the vocalist - the forever amazing Bob Storm - and far more unusually, correctly spells the word by which the company was named: "Hallmark", a spelling used on perhaps one tenth of the records they released (or, at least, of the records from the label that I'm aware of). What rarely changed was the backing tracks they used. If you are, like me, a Halmark (or Hallmark) aficionado, both of the backing tracks heard here will be like old friends, and may trigger in your mind memories of other songs, better and worse than these two, which were attached to the same tracks. First up, "All Because of You": 


And the flip-side, "I Hear Angels Sing": 

Play:  



1 comment:

Bryan Harwell said...

I'm not going if he's wanting the girl back for sure, but the lyrics of this song will not work for that. Perhaps he's just ranting about it. It's all because of her, regardless.

I hear angels sing every time you speak. That's why you think I don't listen to you. I'm trying to listen, but the angels may be singing too loud. Am I overthinking this?