Friday, June 04, 2010

The Fable Label

A quick link which might be of interest to song-poem fans of a certain stripe. My most recent post to WFMU features 12 songs (6 45's) from the Fable label. This is one of my favorite labels, and it often released song-poems. As I wrote in the post, a few of those records I posted there might be song-poems, but I'm betting most or all are not.

On the other hand, they are quirky records in the same way that many of the best song poems (especially 1950's song-poems) can be, and you might enjoy them as much as I do.

The post can be found here

1 comment:

KL from NYC said...

I'm glad you posted the link because I usually don't think to check WFMU.
The "Russian Bandstand" 45 has appeared on a few European compilations, so maybe it's collectable over there.