Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hands Off!

I've not made a habit of featuring the same label two weeks in a row, and I don't think I've ever featured the same performer on the same label, two weeks in a row, before. But I heard this song for the first time two days ago, and absolutely couldn't wait a month or more to share it here. I think it pretty much speaks for itself, in all of 100 seconds. Please enjoy Ellen Wayne's lovely rendition of "Don't Touch Me There!": 

Play:  

The flip side, "The Night That I Met You", is pretty standard issue stuff for 1960, but were it to have come out a bit later, the writer credit might have been intriguing, since it could then have been thought to indicate that the writer was a certain Mrs. Richard Burton.


 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this one deserves a sincere 'OMFG'.

Darryl W Bullock said...

Brilliant! I need a copy of this!

myeck said...

So much better than the one by the Tubes. Thanks.

LoreNZo (from NZ) said...

Words fail me (possibly due to too much laughter!)...

Timmy said...

I'm going to spend the next week & a half imagining where "there" is.